PanDoRA: A Statistical Machine Translation System for
(by Joy, email@example.com)
- System Specification
- Hardware: iPaq 2700 (and on other hand-held devices running PocketPC)
- A statistical phrasal machine translation system with reordering model
- Language pairs developed so far:
- Domain developed:
- Force protection (for Iraqi/English)
- 65K vocabulary for source and target language.
- Allows for >200Million phrases with translation probabilities
- Translation speed: 0.01 second/sentence without reordering and 0.25
second/sentence with reordering
- Main component in our hand-held speech-to-speech translation
- Related publications:
Ying Zhang, Stephan Vogel,
"PanDoRA: A Large-scale Two-way Statistical Machine Translation System for Hand-held Devices,"
In the Proceedings of MT Summit XI,
Copenhagen, Denmark, Sep. 10-14 2007.
Roger Hsiao, Ashish Venugopal, Thilo Kohler, Ying Zhang, Paisarn
Charoenpornsawat, Andreas Zollmann, Stephan Vogel, Alan W Black, Tanja Schultz and Alex
"Optimizing Components for Handheld Two-way Speech Translation for an English-Iraqi Arabic System,"
In the Proceedings of The Ninth International Conference on Spoken Language Processing (ICSLP 2006) ,
Pittsburgh PA, USA, Sep 17-21, 2006.
- Watch the PanDoRA Translation for Japanese-English
Demo Running on PDA
Chinese English Demo1:
visits since Nov. 2006
View My Stats